HAPPY HEART layout for the Hip Kit Club

Monday, April 2, 2018

Hi guys! 

Today I'm sharing this layout I made for the Hip Kit Club.

I’ve just got my march kits and they are gorgeous. When I looked through everything, I really wanted to make a whimsical and summery page including fireflies and butterflies… I had the idea to make them fly out of a mason jar… so I did. Here’s what I came up with…

I used a black patterned paper, included in the main and paper kits, to make it seem like a night scene.
To start, I drew a mason jar on a white sheet of paper. I hand-stitched around it, cut it out and backed it with vellum, included in the cardstock kit.
Then I cut out a bunch of flowers and leaves out of Maggie Holmes and Dear Lizzy patterned  papers. I placed them all around the mason jar and also on the opposite corner.

To create the illusion that the fireflies, that I cut out of the one-canoe-two rub-on sheets, where glowing, I used the Vicky Boutin glitter glaze and created little circles with my finger.
I then rubbed the fireflies right on the circles.



I backed my picture with some exclusive project life cards and placed it in between the jar and flowers.
I also absolutely wanted to use those super cute layered butterflies from one-canoe-two, that I placed on my page as if they were flying out of the jar and around the page.
I used some other embellishments that I thought would finish off the layout and wrote my title with some white thickers and gold alpha stickers. 


I really like how this turned out.
If you want to see the process video, click here.

Thank you so much for stopping by, see you soon ðŸ™‚

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Lisa Fonseca. Design by FCD.