HOORAY layout for Pink Paislee

Monday, April 2, 2018

Hi guys, 
I’m back with a colorful layout with Confetti Wishes from Pink Paislee! I was so excited to use this line, it’s too cute. I really love the vibe going on in this collection.



Since there is a lot of birthday related stuff in this collection, I made something I’ve been wanting to make for a long time: a birthday cake make out of patterned papers. To start off, I chose 3 papers. I cut them in different sized strips and pasted them on a pink sheet of paper. Out of the beautiful floral paper from the 6×6 paper pad, I drew a cake stand, cut it out, and placed it under the cake. Then I chose thread that matched the colors of the different tiers and hand stitched all around. For the stand, I used gold thread, it’s so pretty! I cut out the cake and stuck it on one of the beautiful confetti papers. Then I trimmed the edges and placed the whole thing on another confetti paper so that I had a thick border all around the page.



Then I did some fussy cutting. I cut out flowers and leaves from different papers, the numbers 3 and 2 and the word ‘Hooray’. I thought that the ‘Hooray’ word was so cute and I wanted to use it as a cake topper.
To embellish the cake a little more, I used some washi strips, chipboard stickers, and candle puffy stickers. I really love how the cake turned out!


To finish, I matted my picture on some pieces of patterned paper and placed a frame from the ephemera pack on top. Then I used some little washi pieces and placed them on the top left and bottom right of the page, topping them off with a chipboard word sticker and flower puffy sticker.



Thank you so much for stopping by! Make sure to follow me on Instagram to see more layouts.

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Lisa Fonseca. Design by FCD.